Enhancing patients’ peri-operative outcomes after radical prostatectomy
What is MUSIC MAESTRO (formerly "NOTES")?
- We are focused on improving short-term recovery outcomes for patients undergoing a radical prostatectomy (prostate surgery) for men in Michigan. We aim to raise the quality of peri-operative care and reduce adverse events and their associated costs.
- Raise the quality of peri-operative care
- Reduce adverse events and their associated costs
What we do?
- Collect reliable clinical data
- Providing data-driven feedback to providers about their patient outcomes
- Develop quality improvement guidelines/resources that can be implemented at practices across the state
For additional information regarding the MAESTRO project, please watch the short video, below.
Peri-operative assessment including actionable data points collected around the care recovery pathway.
Any event outside of the criteria are considered a deviation from the pathway.
Feedback around the uncomplicated recovery pathway is delivered to physicians through an individualized, one page report—comparing MAESTRO data for a surgeon, their practice, and the MUSIC collaborative.
- Overall summary of the percentage of cases experiencing at least one deviation
- A table with a detailed breakdown around cases experiencing each MAESTRO deviation
- Graphs with trend analyses over time